Team Builders: Holly Gallagher
Melissa Stewart - August 20, 2018
When Holly Gallagher is not modeling buildings in BIM, she is sharing her loving and caring spirit with our office through her encouraging, infectious, and positive attitude. A TURNERBATSON "veteran" known as the resident party planner and print master; Holly has always been a natural leader within our work family. Focused on God and family first, she shows us the value of real relationships in life (and business).
1. What are the top 3 most used apps on your phone?
Itunes, Overdrive, and Candy Crush (Ranking: Level 1,138 - High Score 553,100)
2. What is a skill (not necessarily industry related) you'd like to learn and why?
I am learning to sew, but there is room for improvement. My daughters and I love to craft, and sewing is an excellent way to connect with them.
3. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
I pray I get to experience the birth of my grandchildren. My mother was with me when my children were born, and it is an amazing bonding experience that creates lasting memories.
4. Why did you choose this profession?
I’ve always had a love for design and customer service. My first job after graduating college was drafting, and I have developed expertise in CAD and BIM modeling.
5. What would your autobiography be called?
“It’s All About Attitude” — every decision you make is impacted by your attitude. It’s always important to remember that your attitude influences more people than you realize.
6. What have you gained from TURNERBATSON in the years you have been here?
A work family, an appreciation for passion and excellence in my coworkers, and an odd compulsion to check buildings for proper fire exits.
7. What does family mean to you?
God gave us families to love and care for, whether they are blood relatives or friends who become family. After serving Him it’s the most important thing we do.
8. What magazines and books have you read recently?
“Twelve Ordinary Men” by John MacArthur. It touched me on both a personal and professional level.
9. What is your favorite building (any building ever)? What is your favorite TURNERBATSON building?
My favorite building is my home. It’s the place I am most likely to find my husband and children. My favorite TURNERBATSON building is George Turner's "Mountain Brook Castle." I remember driving past it as a child never knowing that I would one day work for the firm who built it.
10. Tell us something cool about yourself.
I have known my best friend for more than 40 years.