May 22, 2019
As TURNERBATSON’s Marketing Coordinator, Melissa Stewart has helped guide the firm through a revitalization of its brand and website. Soon to be married, Melissa is always excited for what each day brings and the positive impact that she can have on the culture of the firm. She has been a bright spot in our company since day one and continues to help foster the values and community for which we strive.
1. What are the top 3 most used apps on your phone?
Instagram, YouTube, and Gmail.
2. What is a skill (not necessarily industry related) you’d like to learn and why?
I am part of a very musical family. I wish I would have taken piano lessons as a child.
3. If you could witness any event of the past, present, or future, what would it be?
Princess Diana’s wedding! My cousin had a collection of royal wedding porcelain dolls and she really kicked off my fascination with the royal family. Princess Diana was always my favorite.
4. Why did you choose this profession?
I dabbled in advertising and marketing in high school, and after a short detour in college, realized that it was all about relationships for me. Marketing allows me to share the impact our firm and clients have on the community. That’s the real reason for what we do!
5. If you could travel anywhere, where would you go and why?
I did a project in college to advertise Wales, UK, and have dreamed of visiting ever since. It is definitely a bucket list trip!
6. What would your autobiography be called?
“There Are Always Flowers for Those Who Want to See Them.” That quote is a constant reminder to stay positive and look on the bright side of all situations.
7. What does family mean to you?
I come from a very large family where EVERYONE shows up! We have such great traditions like our beach and lake trips and family reunions that never disappoint.
8. What is your favorite building?
I love the architecture of Charleston. The history and culture are so vibrant and pristine.
9. Tell us something cool about yourself.
I am getting married in October to my best friend, Jake Anderson! God truly blessed me with Jake, and I’m so thankful that we get to spend our lives together.
10. What is your favorite memory at TURNERBATSON?
I’ll never forget the first Easter party I attended. It was my first week at TURNERBATSON, and I was amazed at how family oriented the company was. Spouses and children came to the office for the party, and everyone made me feel so at home and welcomed. They felt like family immediately.
May 22, 2019